How to Choose a Michigan Auto Accident Attorney
February 22, 2019
Driving in Michigan can be a dangerous business. According to the most recent available statistics, 314,921 motor vehicle accidents occurred across the state in 2017. In those crashes, 1,028 people died and 6,084 were seriously injured. Furthermore, transportation experts do not expect the numbers for 2018 to show an improvement. Despite our best efforts to drive carefully and defensively, accidents happen. If you or a loved one is injured, you need an experienced Michigan auto accident attorney on your side.
Here is what you should know about selecting the best accident attorney for you and your family.
Why Do I Need a Michigan Auto Accident Attorney?
There are several reasons to hire a qualified auto accident attorney if you are injured in a crash. Here are a few:
- Michigan no-fault law insurance law is extremely complicated. You need an attorney who understands all of the complex rules and exceptions within the Michigan no-fault system.
- In an injury case, you will be asked to provide numerous records and other documents. An experienced Michigan auto accident attorney will help you obtain the necessary medical records and other required paperwork.
- After an auto accident, timing is important when it comes to witnesses and evidence. A good lawyer knows how to question witnesses and gather evidence quickly and efficiently. Otherwise, witnesses may become forgetful or unavailable, and evidence tends to disappear.
- Deadlines are all-important in any auto accident case. If you plan to initiate a lawsuit, you must comply with the statute of limitations for personal injury claims. In addition, you will have to meet many other deadlines once the claim is filed. If you fail to meet the required deadlines, your case could be jeopardized or even dismissed. A qualified Michigan auto accident attorney will meet all necessary deadlines to increase the likelihood of a successful outcome.
- If you are seriously injured in an auto accident, chances are you’re not thinking clearly. Your loved ones are likely focused on your medical treatment and recovery. Additionally, you may be unable to work because of your injuries. If you were the primary wage earner, your family may experience financial hardship. A Michigan auto accident attorney will handle your case so you receive the maximum compensation in the shortest possible time.
- If your case proceeds to court, you’ll want an experienced attorney to represent you in front of a judge and jury.
“Most people are overwhelmed after a serious auto accident. The legal issues surrounding Michigan no-fault law and personal injury lawsuits are exceedingly complex,” said Mark Bernstein of The Sam Bernstein Law Firm. “Without proper legal advice and guidance, you and your family may not receive the damages you deserve. We have a long history of winning large settlements for Michigan auto accident victims. If you or a loved one is injured, call us immediately and let us fight for you.”
Michigan auto accident law is complicated, but finding the right lawyer is simple.
Call 1-800-CALL-SAM today for a free no-obligation consultation.