Are you thinking about contacting a social security lawyer?
Perhaps you’re wondering what a lawyer can do for you, above and beyond what you might do on your own. If so, here are a few questions to help you decide:
If you answered no to even one of the above questions, you will have a significantly better outcome if you enlist the help of an experienced social security lawyer. Coping with a disability puts a strain on the entire family, emotionally and financially. Obtaining the benefits you are entitled to in a timely manner can make a significant difference in the way your family survives this difficult situation.
Because there are different categories of benefits, each with its own eligibility criteria, a person who is unfamiliar with social security law can have a hard time determining which benefits to apply for.
Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits (also known as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Retirement, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (RSDI) are designed for workers who have a long-term disabling injury or illness. There are several criteria an individual must meet to qualify for these benefits.
Supplemental Security Income Benefits (SSI) are need-based programs for disabled children and adults with limited income. Like SSD, these benefits are only approved when specific requirements are met.
Here are some of the things an experienced social security lawyer will do for you:
– Explain your legal rights regarding social security and determine which type of benefits you are eligible to receive
– Assist you in completing the necessary forms and filing them according to the deadlines and requirements specified by the Social Security Administration (SSA)
– Determine which records will best support your claim according to Social Security Administration rules and regulations
– Help obtain the necessary medical records and other supporting documents needed to supplement your application
– File an appeal if your initial claim is denied
– Represent you in court if your case proceeds to trial
“Unfortunately, the claims of many deserving applicants are denied on a regular basis,” said Mark Bernstein of The Sam Bernstein Law Firm. “Statistics show that those who hire a social security lawyer to handle their appeals fare much better than those who try to attempt this complicated process on their own.”
The Sam Bernstein Law Firm has a dedicated team of social security lawyers who practice this complex area of the law exclusively. They will treat you with compassion and respect as they fight to win the benefits you and your family deserve.
The law is complicated, but finding the right social security lawyer is simple.
Call 1-800-CALL-SAM today for a free no-obligation consultation.Do You Have a Case?
Get The Bernstein Advantage® today!
Free. Simple. Quick.