Why You Shouldn’t Pay For A Social Security Disability Lawyer Until You Win
July 19, 2018
If an accident or illness has caused you or a loved one to become disabled, you and your family are probably experiencing a great deal of stress—both financially and emotionally. The last thing you need is an exorbitant bill from the social security disability lawyer you hire to help you receive the benefits you deserve.
Social Security Disability (SSD) law is complex, and finding an experienced lawyer is highly recommended. However, there are excellent social security disability lawyers who will fight for you without requiring any up-front payment.
“Our social security disability lawyers know the ins and outs of this complicated area of the law, and we will fight to get you the benefits you’re entitled to,” said Mark Bernstein of The Sam Bernstein Law Firm. “We don’t get paid until your case is won.”
Why A Social Security Disability Lawyer Is Important
Before you decide on a social security disability lawyer, consider why having an experienced social security disability lawyer on your side is necessary:
- The government denies the claims of many deserving people, even when they meet the eligibility criteria.
- It can be complicated to determine which type of benefits you are eligible to receive: Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits (also known as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Retirement, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (RSDI).
- Several complex and often confusing forms are required in order to file a claim.
- It is better to have a seasoned professional determine which supporting documents, such as medical records, will best back up your claim.
- If your claim is denied and you need to file an appeal, you are more likely to win with a knowledgeable lawyer handling your case.
- If your case goes to trial, you will be much more successful with an experienced attorney representing you in the courtroom.
What To Look For In A Social Security Disability Lawyer
It is important to make sure the social security disability lawyer you hire meets these requirements:
- You should NOT be required to pay a retainer or any other type of fee before your case is won. If a law firm asks you for money up front, look elsewhere.
- The lawyer you hire should specialize in social security disability law. The Social Security Administration oversees a complicated set of rules and regulations with many shades of grey. An attorney who works with these claims and statutes on a daily basis is best able to steer you through the process and anticipate—and overcome—obstacles that may arise.
- You should expect to receive compassion in addition to legal expertise. Living with or adjusting to a disability is challenging and unsettling. Your lawyer should understand the far-reaching consequences this has on you and your family.
Find A Lawyer Who Is Successful and Caring
The experienced social security disability lawyers at The Sam Bernstein Law Firm understand the intricacies of this complicated field. We have a proven track record of winning much-needed benefits for our clients and their loved ones. We treat our clients with the same compassion we would extend to our own family members.
“The law is complicated, but finding the right social security disability lawyer is simple,” said Bernstein. “If you or a loved one was denied benefits, or plan to apply for benefits, call our experienced social security disability lawyers today.”
Call 1-800-CALL-SAM today for a free, no-obligation consultation.